The ZOBA is national reference laboratory for antibiotic resistance (animal and food) and the following animal disease pathogens:
1. Contagious bovine pleuropneumoniae (CBPP) (in collaboration with the IVI, Mittelhäusern)
2. Brucellosis of cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and ram
3. Bovine genital campylobacteriosis
5. Enzootic pneumonia of pigs
6. Actinobacillosis of pigs
10. Salmonella infection of pigs
12. Contagious Equine Metritis (CEM)
13. Contagious agalactia
17. Contagious caprine pleuropneumoniae (CCPP)
- in this framework, the ZOBA performs antibiotic resistance monitoring throughout Switzerland The ZOBA is also responsible for:
- reference analyses of bacterial identification and confirmation of diagnostic results from other Swiss laboratories
- assessment of registration applications of veterinary diagnostic kits
- organization of interlaboratory tests for quality control (ring trials).
- as a member of the network of European reference laboratories, we are in lively international scientific exchange, take part in European interlaboratory studies, workshops and other projects.